Friday, July 23, 2010

5QF & Baby Update!

1. What were your school colors?

Our school colors were dark blue and white...or wait....were they dark blue and silver? It seemed like each uniform had a variation of those colors on them. I am pretty sure the "official" colors were blue and white. :)

2. What's the best compliment you ever received?

Hmm, I am not good at receiving compliments. My husband gives me compliments everyday, but I think he is a little biased since he is married to me and all. I guess I enjoy when people say that I have nice hair or pretty eyes. I do remember one time someone told me I am perfectly shaped lips (they are biiiiiiiiiiiig) but that has always stuck with me!



3. Do you buy cheap or expensive toilet paper?

We are kind of middle-of-the-road type spenders on toilet paper. We usually get Charmin Basic. My husband likes it and as long as it is Charmin I don't really care. I don't use that much (although I do go every five minutes being pregnant) but my husband goes through it like crazy. I make him use the bathroom at work, because it is good for the budget. Ha!



4. Have you ever had a surprise party thrown for you? Or have you had one for someone else?

I don't think I have ever had one thrown for me. I would like one though (hint, hint). I have been to several but I was never one of the people planning it. I think it would be fun to plan one though!

5. What is one material possession that you "can't live without"?

Oh booooooooy. I would have to go with my computer (I am on it WAY too much) or my cell phone. Other than that I can take or leave material possessions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BABY UPDATE!!!

I went in yesterday for my 36 week checkup and Strep B test. I was expecting a pretty short visit to the doctor as that is usually how it goes for me. I haven't had any complications thus far so I am always in and out. I showed up there and had to wait a while to even get in a room (no problem) and then once I pissed in a cup and was weighed I was told to undress from the waste down. NO PROBLEM! I knew I had to have my strep test and was hoping it would go fast. I ended up waiting for my doctor (whom I love) for roughly 30 some minutes half dressed. Not fun. Once Dr. V arrived she said I hadn't gained any weight (which is fine) and that my blood pressure was great. The strep exam began and that was fairly painless. Felt kind of like a pap which is nothing. She then asked if I wanted to check to see if I was dilated and of course I wanted to! Now having an entire arm (I know, I know exaggeration) in your hoo-ha is NOT pleasant! It turns out I am 1 centimeter dilated which was awesome! I know that isn't much, but it is SOMETHING!!! After that she measured my belly and took the little dude's heartbeat. Fletcher's heartbeat is usually 120-130 bpm and yesterday it was 160. She said it was most likely because she was up in my goods and that made him mad since he was sleeping. Dr. V wanted to be sure that it wasn't anything else so I was sent back to the waiting room to then wait another 40 minutes before being monitored. It seems like everything was fine after being monitored and I was sent home. I have my next appointment on Tuesday for my 37 week checkup and I look forward to seeing what his heartbeat is then. I hope it is back down to normal range and that was a fluke!

I felt like crap all night last night after having an entire arm in my goods and eating off schedule yesterday. I am taking it easy today and tomorrow Matt and I are going to tour some houses. Should be fun! I hope we find a good deal!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!

0 comments: