Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a nice Thanksgiving. It was the first time that I hosted it and it was really quite small, people wise. It was Matt, myself, Grandma Kac, Fletcher (he opted for formula) Ryan and Cyndi. I really missed the rest of my family who are back home in Minnesota, but it was so nice and relaxing being such a small gathering of people! 

Ryan and Cyndi ate in Muncie at her side first, so our dinner wasn't until 6 pm. Matt, myself and my Mom decided to have a plate full of mixed nuts and cheese and crackers for an afternoon snack while cooking. I love cheese, I could live off of cheese. Matt decided to build a nice fire in our wood burning stove while my mom and I cooked dinner. It was so nice and cozy! We put the honey-glazed ham in around three and didn't start dinner until five and had it done in an hour. My mom and I are super cookers! We had ham, jive smashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, rolls, corn, cranberries, cheesecake and apple pie for dessert. It was delicious and I am still stuffed. 

Fletcher had the CUTEST outfit for Thanksgiving. He was able to wear it twice since he wore it the week prior to Matt's family Thanksgiving. 





0 comments: