Thursday, February 17, 2011

6 Months Old

This is a few days late Fletcher, but you are now SIX MONTHS! I can not believe how fast time went. I look back at pictures from when you were first born and I don't remember you being that small. Small is not a word people say about you now, because Fletch, you are one BIG boy! I wouldn't have it any other way. You are ALL boy and I love that!


You are a true joy to be around. You are always the biggest ham when we are out in public. When we went to your six month well check you spotted a little girl who was around a year and half and totally flirted with her. I am going to have my hands full once you are older. With those eyes...I am in trouble. 

You took your shots like a champ, and didn't cry much at all. You weigh 20.7 pounds and were 27 1/2 inches long. I swear you are bigger now and it has only been a week! 


We had to move your ExcerSaucer (still your favorite toy) up to the second level because you were way too tall for the first setting. You are already flat footed in the second setting. You are going to be tall like your Daddy!



Speaking of your Daddy, well you have become a bit of a Daddy's boy once he is home from work. When you are upset or need something you still say "Mama" but as soon as Daddy walks in the door you want his eyes on you. He doesn't seem to mind, he thinks you are so cute as well! He likes to read Sport Illustrated to you, and walking in on this melts my heart. I love you guys so much!


You are going to eat us out of house and home when you are a teenager, you are already proving your love for food. You are on Stage 2 foods and pretty soon I am going to just grind our food for you. Every time we eat you open your mouth like a baby bird and want some too. I love when you do this! You eat solids three times a day and are drinking a six ounce bottle (sometimes more) every three to four hours. You mostly seem to want your bottle at night, but we are going to have to break that sometime soon.

You still aren't back to sleeping through the night, but that is okay by me. We are working on it, and it is okay that you are not a fan of your crib. You would rather be snuggled up on Mommy, and sometimes sweet boy, I want that as well. Your soothing breaths, sweet smell and how you grab my shirt makes me a pile of mush. 


I mean how could you blame me? You are an adorable sleeper. We are working on it though, and naps in the crib are going better so pretty soon you will try out your first night alone in the crib. I am just down the hall big guy so we will be okay. For now though, this is fine by me. 

You are currently wearing size three diapers, and are almost entirely in twelve month clothing. Yes, you heard me right Fletch, you are six months old wearing twelve month clothing! See, you are big! 






Even though you have a paci in your mouth in the picture above you are not a fan of them. That is fine by me, I just wanted a picture of you looking sweet with a paci. Soon after you spit it out, and kept on playing. You love to play, but you get to be a crabby boy if you are kept in the house too long. You love to go, go, go (just like Mommy). You love going out to eat, going on road trips, and just being out of the house. When the weather gets warm we are going to buy you a baby pool and I can't wait to see you splash! You are going to be my little water baby! 

You have gotten up on all fours a couple of times, and I bet in a few weeks you will be crawling! I better start getting this house put together so you don't get into everything! This is after you were on all fours but fell. I love your little butt so I had to post this buddy. 



Fletcher, Mommy and Daddy love you more than words can describe. You are our world and we couldn't have asked for a better baby boy. Thank you for making me a Mommy and I can't wait to continue to see you grow. 



Love you big guy, and please always love your Mommy's kisses. I just can't help myself. 









0 comments: