Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Food Day!

I am going to start doing "Food Day" where I post my recipes. I have had a lot of people asking if I have a blog with recipes, so I thought I would just add it here! Most of my recipes are fast, cheap and simple (sounds like any mans dream ;)! 

Tonight I am making Chicken and Rice Bake. My mom has been making it since I was a little girl. It has always been a staple in our family. I love it because it cooks for two hours and makes the entire house smell delicious! 

Chicken and Rice Bake

  • Preheat oven to 300 degrees
  • Spray the pan (I used a glass one)
  • Mix one cup of rice with one packet of Lipton Onion Soup mix
  • Put the rice on the bottom of the pan
  • Place chicken on top (as many as you want, I did 4 breasts this time)
  • Mix a can of Cream of Chicken soup and a can of water
  • Pour over the entire pan. 
  • Pepper the chicken (it is already salty enough from the Lipton)
  • Cover with foil and bake for two hours. With twenty minutes left take the foil off and bump the temperature to 350 degree.

Rice & Lipton Soup Mix

Cream of Chicken Soup & Can of Water

Hubby's plate: He sure likes pepper!


Enjoy!

2 comments:

Matt said...

It was great babe! I love your cooking!

Molly said...

Aww, I just saw this! Thanks! :)