Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Food Day!

Two food days in a row? Say it ain't so! I promise you, tomorrow won't be a food day as we are using the leftovers from todays dinner for tomorrow! 

Mexican food is a favorite in our household. If the hubby and I ever go out to eat it is alway to the local Mexican restaurant. We also always get the same thing. We are spontaneous like that. Well, why not bring Mexican home? It is so easy and just as tasty (well except for the white cheese dip, I have YET to get it as good)! Tonight we are having Chicken Fajitas, and with tonights leftovers we are having one of my husband's favorite foods, Chicken Fajitas Alfredo tomorrow! It is like a Mexican-Italian party in your mouth! What could be better?

Without further ado, Chicken Fajitas!


  • 1-2 pounds of chicken (I used 2 tonight so I had leftovers)
  • 2 bell peppers
  • 1 large onion
  • Fajitas packet (yeah, I went lazy tonight!)
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 1 cup of water



Preheat fry pan (or I used a wok) to medium and add one tablespoon of oil. Cut chicken in strips and cook until no longer pink. Add seasoning and one cup of water. It calls for 1/2 cup but since I use more chicken I don't like it to get dry. Add bell pepper and onion and cook ten minutes. Again, it says to cook about five minutes but it didn't seem done so I cooked it an extra five. Spoon into tortilla and add your favorite fixings. 







Enjoy your Mexican feast! I just did (and my hubby as well, he devoured it!)!!!



4 comments:

Deanna said...

Tell me you didn't use that knife to cut your chicken up! Is that a steak knife? We need to get you some awesome knives....for free. (-; By the way, the knives I sell have a lifetime guarantee. (-;

Chicken fajitas sound awesome. We're having beef stew tonight. I should have taken pictures to blog it, but I forgot. )-: I'll probably still blog it, though and post a final picture.

Molly said...

Nope, I used my trusty Wuestof...I have a Shun as well. I like really good knives, I am snobby like that. ;)

Molly said...

That knife was to open the chicken package. :)

Deanna said...

Whew! You had me worried. I didn't want you to cut yourself! That's the biggest danger of a knife that's not right for the job. (-; Glad you have some good knives on your side.