Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Food Day: Easy Kids Pizza!

English Muffin Pizza

Ingredients:
  • English Muffins, opened
  • Ragu Pizza Sauce (or whatever kind you like)
  • Mozzarella Cheese
  • Pepperoni (or whatever toppings you enjoy)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Split english muffins open and place open faced on cookie sheet. Place english muffins in oven and let them toast slightly (I like to put extra virgin olive oil on them). Take out of oven and spread pizza sauce on muffins and top with toppings and cheese. Place back in the oven and cook for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown. Take out and enjoy! This meal is SO simple and it is great to let your kids help make the pizzas. Children love making and eating these pizzas, and so does my husband. This is one of his favorite "meals". He is like a ten year old. :)





Add a little parmesan and some hot pepper flakes and they are ready to eat! 






Note: Substituting bagels is equally delicious! 

3 comments:

Lynn said...

That is so funny because we are making them tomorrow night. Never thought about toasting the buns first. Good idea, thanks!!

Molly said...

It helps keep the "crust" nice and toasty. :) Enjoy your pizzas!

Kath' said...

I have had these on my mind lately. I am glad I saw these because I forgot I had gotten everything except the muffins a few weeks ago for my Hubby and my 8 year old Granddaughter to make. Now I will keep it in my mind so I can go get the muffins. I hope anyway. I forget things from minute to min.. LOL
Kath' from www.lilbitoldlilbitnew.blogspot.com