Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Food Day: My Mom's Spaghetti

This is by far the best spaghetti I have ever put in my mouth. I might be biased since I grew up on this recipe, but I would take this over a fancy restaurant any day of the week. It is super delish. 

Kac's Spaghetti


Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 of ground beef
  • 1/2 onion (or dried onion works just fine too)
  • 1 Teaspoon Salt & Pepper
  • Small can of Tomato Paste
  • Small can of Tomato Sauce
  • 2 cups of Tomato Juice
  • 1 Tablespoon of Sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire 
  • 1/2 cup of Ketchup
  • 1/2 Teaspoon of Chili Powder
  • 1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
  • Shake of Parmesan Cheese



Brown hamburger with the onion. After the hamburger is browned add all the other ingredients and bring to a simmer for 30-45 minutes. It really doesn't matter how long, it seems the longer it goes the better the flavors meld together. 




Serve over hot noodles. We paired ours with crusty bread and Caesar salad (and wine). Mmm, I want seconds. 


Note: This spaghetti is even better the next day! 

6 comments:

Lynn said...

I think I'll have to make a cookbook entitled "Facebook recipes" but the rate YOU are going it would have to be "Molly's favorites"!! lol This sounds and looks so good!!!

Molly said...

It is really good! I sure like to cook!

Molly said...

Thanks for checking out my recipes!

Matt said...

I can attest that it's really good the second day, because I just had it the second day!

Molly said...

You might have it a third day too, there is more leftover!

Nikki said...

I love that recipe! Thanks Kac-Ma! It is the best!