Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Recipe Review: Lasagna Roll-Ups

I have been drooling over a recipe that my friend at I Haz no Skillz posted, and decided to give it a try! I changed it a bit to suit my family, but the original recipe looked delicious as well! 


The original recipe calls for crab, which I love, but my husband is not a fan. So, I decided to make it with chicken instead. 

Ingredients:

6 Lasagna Noodles, cooked (I did 8 since I had extra)
16 oz Cottage Cheese
6 Chicken Tenderloins (it is what I had)
2 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
2 Tablespoon Parsley Flakes
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Power
1/2 teaspoon Basil
1 teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes (not on original recipe)



Sauce Ingredients:

I decided to use a different Alfredo sauce because I had leftover cream cheese to use up. 

1/2 cup of butter
8 ounce package of cream cheese
2 Tablespoons of Garlic Powder
1 cup of Milk
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
2 cups of grated Parmesan
1/8 teaspoon of black pepper

Melt butter in saucepan. Once melted add cream cheese and allow it to melt and then add the garlic powder. After that melts add the milk a little at a time. Make sure to use a whisk to smooth out lumps. Once smooth add the parmesan cheese and pepper. If sauce is too think add more milk. Heat until desired consistency. Take off of the heat. 

Now it is time for the meal to come together...


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While oven is preheating cook lasagna noodles according to what it says on the box. Once the noodles are cooked lay them out flat. Mix together cooked chicken (I did mine in a little oil on top of the stove and chunked), cottage cheese and seasoning in a large bowl. Once throughly cooked spread 1/2 cup of mixture onto flat noodle.  Roll noodle up and place in a greased baking dish. Cover with Alfredo sauce and place in preheated oven covered for 30-40 minutes. With five minutes remaining I topped the dish with a three cheese parmesan blend and placed it back in the oven.






After it is cooked set aside for 5-10 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken. Enjoy! 
Thanks Katie for this awesome recipe! 



It was so good my husband took a bite before I could take a picture!



1 comments:

Matt said...

I can never wait to take a bite! :)